Polynt Composites USA is committed to engaging in effective dialogue, cooperative relationships and outreach in the communities where we live and work.
We believe that working with our communities and forming key partnerships results in the following benefits:
- Relationships with a network of other sustainable businesses in the United States
- Continuous internal environmental and sustainability improvements resulting from relationships and agreements
- Engagement of stakeholders to help encourage local, regional and state environmental improvements
We look to engage our communities and develop partnerships through the following avenues:
- Polynt Composites USA builds open communication and trust with our communities through long established Community Advisory Committees. Community members are encouraged to ask questions and voice concerns regarding all aspects of our operations. We consider this input in our annual environmental risk assessment and setting of objectives and action plans. All of our ISO 14001:2004 certified facilities will go through a process to determine the most effective avenue for community engagement. We also continue to fund critical community needs through community outreach.
- In 2001, Polynt Composites USA participated in the Wisconsin Cooperative Environmental Agreement (CEA) Pilot Program, which has evolved into the Wisconsin Green Tier. We are currently working to renew our CEA to Green Tier after 9 years as an active participant. As a testament to our commitment, we received the Wisconsin Business Friend of the Environment Award in 2004 and 2009.
- Polynt Composites USA looks to participate in other state environmental excellence programs where we have ISO 14001:2004 certified facilities. We are currently working toward enrollment in the Michigan Clean Corporate Citizen Program and the Virginia Environmental Excellence Program.
- Polynt Composites USA is a founding member of the U.S. Business Council for Sustainable Development. In addition to participation in USBCSD events, we also host and take part in various sustainability forums throughout the country.
- Polynt Composites USA is proud to be involved with the Houston Green-Brownfield project to redesign a site in downtown Houston that is subject to flooding from adjacent properties. Green-Brownfield initiatives revitalize abandoned, idle or underutilized properties where redevelopment or reuse is hindered by environmental contamination or concerns.
- Polynt Composites USA is an active member of the U.S. Technical Advisory Group, which is in charge of proposing the Draft International Standard for ISO 50001, Energy Management Systems.